Re: [web-annotation] Dropping type from ... what?

From: Doug Schepers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 18:38:14 +0000
To: public-annotation@w3.org
There's also less sophisticated, brute-force ways of detecting the
likely MIME type, like looking at the file extension…

Ultimately, I think it's a mistake to have duplicate information about
 media type, and if we're going to have a type identifier, and have to
 choose only one mechanism, I think MIME type is a far Webbier
solution than dctype. But I'm not going to die on this particular
hill.

--
GitHub Notif of comment by shepazu
See