Re: Roles Proposals

From: Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2015 15:32:15 -0700
To: Web Annotation <public-annotation@w3.org>
And my responses for the Straw Poll

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 3:26 PM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Straw Poll for Support:
> * 3.2.1 Require the use of SpecificResource for Bodies

+1. Consistency is very good, and as per the examples, the serializations
are clean.

> * 3.2.2 Require the use of SpecificResource for Targets

+1.  As 3.2.1

> * 3.2.3 Allow hasRole on new EmbeddedTextualBody class

-0.  It makes it harder to find what is going on without types. Doesn't
break anything, but I prefer 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 to this.

> * 3.2.4 Rename hasSource to hasContent

+1. We're changing so much in this proposal from the CG model that we
backwards compatibility doesn't seem important.

> * 3.2.5 Remove motivatedBy completely, rename Motivation to Role

+1.  Consistency. Not sure what you would do with an Annotation that said
it was tagging, but had no bodies with a role of tagging (and similar).
See the examples for targets with roles for highlighting and bookmarking.

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson
Information Standards Advocate