Re: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC9112 (7744)

On 2023-12-31, at 18:12, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> On 31.12.2023 11:27, sequpt wrote:
>> Hello and thanks for the quick answer.
>> The [HTTP] reference in RFC9112 links to https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9110 and in every version available that I can access at this URL, 5.5 is the section where 'obs-text' is defined. 5.6.3 is 'Whitespace'. This is the first errata I submit, am I missing something important?
>
> 5.6.4 is correct; in doubt see <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9110.txt>.

This is a weird discussion.

The line

     obs-text       = %x80-FF

is indeed in Section 5.5 of RFC 9110 (following the above link); the errata report seems to valid to me.

What are you guys seeing?

> My guess is that you're looking at the HTML version, and some misbehaving plugin is breaking the HTML representation; I recall that Martin Thomson had a similar issue a few week ago.

I was looking at .TXT only (but checked with the HTML [1], which has no surprises here).

Grüße, Carsten

[1]: https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9110.html#section-5.5-2