Re: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC9112 (7744)

On 31.12.2023 19:16, Carsten Bormann wrote:
> On 2023-12-31, at 18:12, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>>
>> On 31.12.2023 11:27, sequpt wrote:
>>> Hello and thanks for the quick answer.
>>> The [HTTP] reference in RFC9112 links to https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9110 and in every version available that I can access at this URL, 5.5 is the section where 'obs-text' is defined. 5.6.3 is 'Whitespace'. This is the first errata I submit, am I missing something important?
>>
>> 5.6.4 is correct; in doubt see <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9110.txt>.
>
> This is a weird discussion.
>
> The line
>
>       obs-text       = %x80-FF
>
> is indeed in Section 5.5 of RFC 9110 (following the above link); the errata report seems to valid to me.
>
> What are you guys seeing?
>
>> My guess is that you're looking at the HTML version, and some misbehaving plugin is breaking the HTML representation; I recall that Martin Thomson had a similar issue a few week ago.
>
> I was looking at .TXT only (but checked with the HTML [1], which has no surprises here).
>
> Grüße, Carsten
>
> [1]: https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9110.html#section-5.5-2

Carsten,

yes, you are right.

I probably was looking for another definition.

Yes, this is a bug, and I assume it's there because obs-text at some
point was defined in the same section as quoted strings.

This should be marked as verified/editorial.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best regards, Julian

--
<green/>bytes GmbH, Hafenweg 16, D-48155 Münster, Germany
Amtsgericht Münster: HRB5782