RE: Introducing a new HTTP response header for Carbon Emissions calculation

That's a very good point. However Server-Timing reports timing metrics only, and I don't see how it could specifies other metrics (like energy usage in Joules or carbon emissions in grams). But if that is possible, then yes Server-Timing could be the home for carbon emissions metrics.

And I agree it's very similar in its principle. We would still want to make sure it's not enabled in "debug mode" only.

Bertrand Martin
sentrysoftware.com