Re: Cache control in trailers?

--------
Willy Tarreau writes:

> > Which is *precisely* why I propose we give the server the option
> > to XOR scramble the body until the metadata is ready.
>
> No please Poul-Henning, really please, no more addition of such horrors
> that we had to deal with in WebSocket. It serves no purpose and prevents
> anyone along the chain from efficiently processing the contents, including
> but not limited to, H1<->H2 translation, compression, inspection, etc.

First, note that if your downstream understand this new extension, nothing
prevents you from forwarding in a streaming fashion and leaving the XOR'ing
to the next sucker in the chain.

Second: Yes, that is *precisely* why I want to offer servers that
option:  So they have a sure-fire way to prevent sneak-peeks which
they have reason to belive will get things wrong.