Re: Rough minutes

I never did understand option #3. What is opportunistic encryption with
authentication? I thought opportunistic encryption is TLS-relaxed, which is
encryption without server authentication.

Also, I think  the choices are different for HTTP 1 and 2 b/c HTTP/2.x
doesn't involve a performance trade-off.

For HTTP 1.x, the only realistic choice (assuming do nothing is off the
table) in my opinion is:
1) Add support for TLS-relaxed in HTTP/1.x web servers and browsers but
make it OFF by default. Performance impact is too great for HTTP 1.x so
many deployments will not want this.

For HTTP 2.x, I believe the choices are:
1) Add support for TLS-relaxed in HTTP/2.x web servers and browsers but
make it ON by default.
2) Require Full TLS in HTTP 2.x.

Peter