Re: multiplexing -- don't do it

Might as well list all my complaints about SPDY in one spot:

   1. Inter-object dependency due to using a history based compression
   scheme where you need to receive every object in order it was sent to
   decode the last header. This guarantees HOL blocking even if the transport
   supports out of order messages.
   2. SPDY needs to allow headers to be readable by intermediaries. I don't
   mind the mostly binary approach proposed in Willy's document as parsers can
   be developed for wireshark and similar tools.
   3. HTTPS required -- to me that's a showstopper. Have to do this in two
   steps: deploy muxing, which removes the main performance penalty of HTTPS,
   and then go for security.

Other than those, I think it's great.

Peter