RE: idempotence of POST

Dave,

I'm not aware of any such implementation.

Perhaps you can make it work with the URL parameters.
Much like search engines do.

Having POST/PUT idempotence would be imcompatible with many applications
(and the protocol itself).

- Joris

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg-old/1996SepDec/0059.html>