RE: IPP> Re: Implications of introducing new scheme and port for existing HTTP servers

I think its fine to have a new default dest port
associated with IPP, but a new URL scheme seems like more
trouble than may be apparent.

For one, even though IPP is a different service than HTTP,
an IPP client *is* speaking HTTP, IMHO.  HTTP is used as
a layer underneath IPP.  So, I think the URL scheme
should continue to be http://..

Using a new URL scheme will certainly break compatibility
with existing proxies.  Proxy server's encountering a new
scheme will fail unless they are modified to understand it.

As I've stated before, I think the best way to differentiate
the service and remain compatible with existing proxy servers
is to use a new method on the request line.