RE: Closing XML Protocol Last Call issue 395

The only parts of the DTD that are reflected in the infoset are unparsed
entities, notations and PIs appearing the in DTD. It is my reading of
the Infoset spec that when it says 'DTD' it encompasses the internal and
external subsets.

> That being the case, I'm not clear
> that one can
> say that a serialization with a DTD is a worse serialization
> of a given
> infoset than one without.  I would be glad to be educated as
> to why the
> XML serialization of an Infoset with no DTD is unambiguously
> the XML 1.x
> with no internal subset.

I'm not sure why this issues revolves around the internal subset. We
explicitly prohibit the Document Type Declaration Information Item from
appearing. If there is no DTD then there is no internal or external
subset. Lexically one cannot have <!DOCTYPE ... in a SOAP message.

I get the feeling I'm missing something ...

Gudge