XML protocol comparisons

From: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:17:08 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
I put together a comparison of a bunch of XML protocols,

SOAP [http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#SOAP]
ICE [http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#ICE]
WDDX [http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#WDDX]
BizTalk [http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#BizTalk]
IOTP [http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#IOTP]
TIP [http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#TIP]
WfXML [http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#WfXML]
ebXML [http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#ebXML]
XMI [http://www.w3.org/2000/03/29-XML-protocol-matrix#XMI]

for everyone to discuss/dispute. It is said that the best way to get a
question answered on usenet is to post an incorrect answer. Persuant
to that, I have not done extensive readings of some of the protocol
papers during my characterizations, but at least they're all there in
a forum where we can compare apples and fruit baskets.

I'll be adding more dimensions and would like feedback on what people
wish to compare. Also, I'd like to have anchor-rich HTML versions of
the documents so I can point to specific parts of the spec as
supporting evidence.

--
-eric

(eric@w3.org)