RE: XML protocol comparisons

From: Sami Khoury <sami@whatuwant.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 09:30:07 -0800
To: "'Ken MacLeod'" <ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us>, xml-dist-app@w3.org
ICE goes to some length to remain domain agnostic, in fact.  Version 1.1 of
the protocol (due out real soon now) will provide an extensibility mechanism
to allow particular domains to better tailor it to particular scenarios.

However, there's nothing about ICE that says you must send any of news
headlines, capability tokens, or digital video.  You can send any and all of
these.

I am coauthor of the ICE specification -- we'll have updates to the protocol
matrix (thanks, Eric, for putting that together) early next week.  In
particular, its status should be updated to deployed as there are numerous
implementations running as well as development libraries available.

	Sami