Re: XML protocol comparisons

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 08:57:21 -0800
To: "Mark Baker" <mark.baker@Canada.Sun.COM>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Cc: "Box, Don" <dbox@develop.com>
Regarding HTTP-NG, we tried to write up what the design requirements which
you can find in section 2 in the now otherwise expired IETF internet draft

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP-NG/1998/11/draft-frystyk-httpng-overview-00

 I think they are still relevant.

Before this turns into a list of any protocol conceived in this space, it
might be useful to start thinking about how the various protocols relate to
each other. For example Don Box has proposed a XSL Transform from xml-rpc to
soap that you can find at

    http://soap.develop.com/xmlrpc/

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
mailto:frystyk@microsoft.com