W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > March 2003

Agenda for 27 March 2003 WS Description WG

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:25:09 -0800
Message-ID: <1113DDB24D4A2841951BFDF86665EE190583D307@RED-MSG-10.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters. 

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Mar/0023.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Jeff Mischkinsky (fallbacks Umit Yalcinalp, Steve White, 
      Erik Ackerman, Lily Liu, Steve Graham, Steve Tuecke, 
      Waqar Sadiq, Bill Stumbo, Amy Lewis)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes of March 20 telcon [.1].  JeffM also sent 
    regrets.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0054.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-01-21: Roberto and gudge to create a branch and work up
                      a binding proposal based on referencing type
                      systems directly from operation components.
                      (Umit's example, Sanjiva's example, WSDL 1.1
                      example, and others.)
DONE [.2] 2003-01-30: Jacek to write up text on SOAP response MEP after
                      Gudge and Jeffrey send their proposal for
                      request/response MEP.
?         2003-02-13: Arthur to propose improvements to the URL 
                      replacement mechanism.
?         2003-02-13: Philippe to re-do HTTP bindings to allow 
                      per-method operation names etc.  Arthur to
                      assist.
?         2003-02-27: Sanjiva to send summary of 
                      one-portType-per-service issue.
?         2003-03-04: Editors to discuss markup for testable assertions
                      in the spec and come back with a strategy.
?         2003-03-04: Jonathan to recruit a QA contact for the WG.
?         2003-03-04: Jonathan to recruit a test contact for the WG.
?         2003-03-13: Editors will find part 2 issues to dispatch 
                      easily next telcon.
?         2003-03-13: Philippe will make a proposal concerning issue 
                      28 using features and properties.
?         2003-03-13: GlenD to propose a Property representation of 
                      SOAP action parameter of application/soap+xml
                      type
?         2003-03-13: Don will write a proposal for annotating schema 
                      with part information.
?         2003-03-20: Jonathan to slice and dice Amy's comments to 
                      submit to the QA group's web form
?         2003-03-20: David Booth to investigate what it takes to get 
                      a validator available as an official W3C entity
DONE [.3] 2003-03-20: Glen will comment to XMLP re: SOAPAction being 
                      made a property and the crufty fallback we could
                      resort to if they don't.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0034.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0035.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Welcom new member: Ingo Melzer from DaimlerChysler.
  b. Daylight savings time coming up:  Europe Mar 30th, US Apr 6th.
  c. May FTF [.1].
  d. Sept FTF (looking for West Coast host).
  e. Usage Scenarios [.2].  Jonathan's still pretending to track this.
  f. QA contact, test lead recruitment.
  g. XMLP response on use=encoded [.4]
  h. TAG issue abstractComponentRefs-37 [.5, .6]

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2003/ws/desc/3/05/f2fMayLogistics.htm
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Jan/0054.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2003Mar/0040.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Mar/0019.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Mar/0060.html
[.6] http://www.w3.org/2003/03/24-tag-summary.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - Normativeness of our Schema [.2]
  - Small language clarification in portType extension [.3]
  - in-out/request-response MEPs and out-in [.4]

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0045.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0036.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0049.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  Moving MIME Type Information to the Interface [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0028.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue 28: transport='uri' [.1]
    Waiting on proposal from Phillippe.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue 2: SOAPAction has been deprecated, as of SOAP 1.2 [.1].
    Jean-Jacques proposal at [.2].
    Jacek's addendum at [.3].
    Waiting on proposal from Glen.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x2
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0050.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Sep/0056.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue 6e [.1]
  - Awaiting Arthur's proposal on URL replacement [.2].

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x6e
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002May/0009.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issues 53-55 [.1]
  - W3C\Philippe's proposal on per-HTTP method binding etc. [.1]. 

[.1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/issues/wsd-issues.html#
x53

--------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Part 2 issues identified by Part 2 editors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Removing message.  Umit's posting on the value of part as an
    abstract concept of WSDL [.1].  Sanjiva asks for more rationale
    as to why his proposal did not fly [.2], and suggests that
    inheritance and overloading go together [.3].  Roberto's original 
    proposal at [.4].  Direction suggested by Dale [.5]

    Postponed until we have a little better idea of what our bindings
    will look like.  Gudge's responses [.6, .7] to Umit's examples [.8]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0011.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0020.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0014.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Nov/0035.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Dec/0040.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0006.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0013.html
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Feb/0005.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Patterns.  
 a. Waiting on framing of the issue by the Patterns task force.  b.
Soliciting rationale for each pattern [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Mar/0016.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
14. BindingType proposal from Kevin [.1].  Updated proposal at [.2].
    Do we still have "hard" dependencies?
    Postponed until March 27th, when Kevin returns.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2002Aug/0009.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0068.html

- Jonathan
Received on Wednesday, 26 March 2003 12:25:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:23 GMT