W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-ws-desc@w3.org > December 2003

Agenda, 18 December 2003 WS Desc telcon

From: Jonathan Marsh <jmarsh@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:31:21 -0800
Message-ID: <DF1BAFBC28DF694A823C9A8400E71EA202169438@RED-MSG-30.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>
To: <www-ws-desc@w3.org>

0.  Dial in information (members only) [.1]:

See the public WG page [.2] for pointers to current documents and other
information, and the private page [.3] for administrative matters.

If you have additions to the agenda, please email them to the WG list
before the start of the telcon.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Dec/0033.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/admin

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Agenda

1.  Assign scribe.  Lucky minute taker for this week is:
      Erik Ackerman, (fallbacks: Igor Sedukhin, Adi Sakala, 
      Glen Daniels, David Booth, Jeffrey Schlimmer, Amy Lewis, 
      Arthur Ryman)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
2.  Approval of minutes:
  - Dec 11th telcon [.1].  (Late regrets from JeffSch.)

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0043.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------
3.  Review of Action items [.1].
?         2003-09-18: Marsh to review the QA operational
                      guidelines.
?         2003-10-09: Bijan to look into message extensibility 
                      Issues (Appendix E, Jacek's review) wrt RDF data, 
                      and discuss with Jacek.
?         2003-11-03: PaulD to work out proposal for a top-level fault 
                      in more detail.
?         2003-11-03: Umit (with help of Glen) will write up a proposal 
                      for normative dispatching feature.
?         2003-11-04: Glen to write up rationale for removing headers 
                      (and?) proposal for a generic header-adding
                      property/feature.
?         2003-11-20: GlenD to write up Schemas in imported WSDL stuff
                      in specese.
?         2003-12-11: Philippe: write/update proposal for HTTP binding
and
                      post to the list that "reflects" the "concensus"
of
                      the group.

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/#actions

--------------------------------------------------------------------
4.  Administrivia
  a. Holiday telcon schedule:
     No telcons: Dec 25, Jan 1
  b. Upcoming FTFs
     - January 26-30, Bedford, MA (Sonic) [.1]
       WSArch 26-29(noon)
       WSDesc 28(noon)-30
       Please register! [.2]
       Joint session topics: Usage scenarios document (NOTE)
     - March 1-2 or 3-4, Cannes-Mandelieu, France [.3]
       Joint session with the TAG?
  c. Web Architecture Document [.4, .5] review:
       Volunteers so far: Jacek, Bijan, Jonathan

[.1] http://www.w3.org/2003/12/ws-desc-charter
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/34650/WSAD0401/
[.3] http://www.w3.org/2003/08/allgroupoverview.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0029.html
[.5] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-webarch-20031209/

------------------------------------------------------------------
5.  Task Force Status.
 a. Properties and Features (dormant)
 b. Patterns (dormant)
 c. Attributes (dormant)
 d. QA & Testing
  - Response to comments on QA Spec Guidelines [.2]
  - Implement QA Operational guidelines? [.3]
 e. Joint TF on media type description.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0074.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ws-desc/2003Sep/0023.html
[.4]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-xml-protocol-wg/2003Nov/0022.htm
l

------------------------------------------------------------------
6.  New Issues.  Merged issues list [.1].
  - Assign issue numbers to these proposals:
    * Schemas in imported WSDL [.2]
    * Proposal for combining the two attribute operation styles [.3]
    * Appendix E cleanup [.4]

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl
  (redirects to http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html)
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0109.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0164.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0136.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
7.  Issue closure (Jonathan) [.1, .2, .3]
  - Issue clarify-element-and-type [.4]: Clarify use of type= and
    element= in part with XML Schema experts
  - Issue #15 [.5]: Missing <document> tag for operation arguments
  - Issue #8 [.6]: Inconsistency in definition of attribute
extensibility
  - Issue #92 [.7]: Include cycles: completed with last week's action 
                    [.8, .9, .10]?

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0030.html 
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0031.html 
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0032.html 
[.4] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl#xissue%20clarify%20type%20and%20element
[.5] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl#x15
[.6] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl#x8
[.7] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl#x92
[.8] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0019.html
[.9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0039.html
[.10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0043.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
8.  Issue #24 [.1] Real difference between literal vs. encoded? 
    Originally decided that @encodingStyle is a hint about how 
    types/schema was generated. Reopened by Macromedia\Tom at 
    telecon prior to 30 July 2003.  We haven't really discussed it
    since then.

  - Discuss the use cases not satisfied by the prior decision.

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl#x24

------------------------------------------------------------------
9.  Issue fault-name-uniqueness [.1]: Should faults be named with
QNames? 
    In WSDL 1.1 fault names are NCNames which are not unique within 
    portType even. This leads to a cumbersome mechanism to uniquely 
    identify a fault.
  - Discuss how faults are currently identified in WSDL 2.0 to see if
    this is still an issue, and if so what the solution space is.

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/ysgl#xissue%20fault%20name%20uniqueness

==================================================================
Following items pending additional input:
------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Issue 85: HTTP binding options [.1]
    - option 1: drop HTTP binding
    - option 2: input becomes POST body and output is POST response
    - option 3: option 2 + GET goes to http:address URL and output is 
                GET response
    - option 4: option 3 + rules to move all parameters into query 
                parameters for GET binding with MEP=in-out and
                @style=rpc
    - option 5: option 4 + URL replacement (not just query params)
    Awaiting Philippe's action.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0048.html
[.2] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/2/06/issues.html#x85

------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Schemas in imported WSDL (no issue number) [.1]
    - Seems to be agreement on the existing behavior as described by
    Gudge and Amy.  Still outstanding: do we add note along the lines
    of Glen's suggestion: put text in the spec to the effect that WSDL
    processors SHOULD make schema namespaces embedded in the <types> 
    sections of imported WSDLs available to their schema processors for
    xs:import where possible.

    Awaiting specese sample from Glen.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0109.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Proposal for combining the two attribute operation styles to one 
    (Jacek - no issue number) [.1]
    Deferred pending final disposition of attribute styles.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0164.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Issue 64 [.1] Operations an HTTP verbs (Mark Baker) [.2, .3, .4]
  - Jacek's synthesis [.5].
  - Awaiting description from Philippe showing how properties or
    extensions can be used to annotate the WSDL with RESTful 
    properties.  Ask Mark for a definitive list of those properties 
    so we can consider how to associate them with property URIs or 
    namespaces.
  - Marking WSDL operations as "safe" (DaveO/TAG) [.6, .7]

[.1] http://tinyurl.com/mwuy#x64
[.2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0094.html
[.3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0103.html
[.4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jan/0111.html
[.5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Jul/0095.html
[.6] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Nov/0104.html
[.7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Dec/0021.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
14. Appendix E cleanup [.1]

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003Sep/0136.html

------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Using RDF in WSDL [.1].
    Dependent upon RDF mapping first draft.

[.1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-ws-desc/2003May/0076.html
Received on Wednesday, 17 December 2003 14:31:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:58:27 GMT