W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > June 2002

WOWG: 13Jun minutes: naming issues, document status, ...

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 27 Jun 2002 10:23:07 -0500
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Message-Id: <1025191387.22162.5.camel@dirk>

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 17:10, Dan Connolly wrote: 
> where: WEBO conference on Zakim
>    <tel:+1-617-761-6200;postd=9326>
>    the #webont IRC channel
>      <irc://irc.w3.org:6665/webont>

see also: log 
http://www.w3.org/2002/06/13-webont-irc

> when: 12pET Thu, 13 Jun 2002
> 
> who: WebOnt WG members
>   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/#Membership
>   Connolly to chair
> 
> 1. Administrative
> 1.1 scribe: Hefflin volunteered in 6Jun telcon
> 1.2 roll

Present: 
-------------- 
Stephen Buswell 
Dan Connolly 
Jos De Roo 
Mike Dean 
Larry Eshelman 
Nicholas Gibbins 
Pat Hayes 
Jeff Heflin 
James Hendler 
Ian Horrocks 
Deborah McGuinness 
Leo Obrst 
Peter Patel-Schneider 
Marwan Sabbouh 
Guus Schreiber 
Michael Smith 
John Stanton 
Herman ter Horst 
Raphael Volz 
Evan Wallace 
Jonathan Borden (joined late) 
Libby Miller (IRC only?) 


Regrets: 
--------------- 
Jeremy Carroll 
Jonathan Dale 
Ruediger Klein 
Lynne R. Thompson 
David Trastour 
Frank van Harmelen 
Christopher Welty 


> 1.3 review minutes
> 
> PROPOSED to accept the following as a true record:
> 
>   notes for 6/6 until 1:10
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0055.html
> 
>   with corrections from JimH
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0079.html
> 
> IRC log of webont on 2002-06-06
> http://www.w3.org/2002/06/06-webont-irc
> 
>  regrets from Thompson, Lynne R are noted.
> 
> 
> 1.4 agenda review

added: 1.8 ftf update, plus:
== AOB: UML Presentation Syntax
=== AOB: ISWC update


> 1.5 test admin
> 
> ACTION Connolly: to arrange direct CVS access for
> appropriate members [Jeremy Carroll, Jos de Roo] of the test focus
> area to that repository.

continued. 


> 1.6 Issues admin
> 
> pending updates:
>   Issue 4.5 Inverse resolved 30May
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0287.html
> 
>   Issue 5.11 ISSUE hasClass/ToClass-names
>   OPEN, with DanC is issue owner, 30May
> 
>   4.8 Trust and Ontology resolved 6Jun.

noted. 


> 1.7 Next meeting
> 
>   PROPOSED: to meet again 20Jun, per regular schedule.
>   scribe volunteer is solicited;
>   if none is forthcoming, one will be chosen at random
> 	(the Zakim bot has a new feature ;-)

so RESOLVED. Guus to chair. 
Scribe will be Larry Eschelman 


1.8 ftf update. 

cf http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/ftf3.html

many regrets. 11 not registered yet 
http://www.w3.org/2000/11/msm/showv.php3?wgid=30310&qno=n5.11

phayes: will be present at F2F 

Guus: telecon on 2nd day 
  telecon 9am (to 9:45 or so) PDT 


> 2. Issues
> 
> 
> == 2.1 5.11 hasClass/toClass names
> 
> ACTION Dan Connolly - set up "vote" on name replacements for 
> hasClass/toClass (note: just a straw poll, not a binding WG vote)
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0038.html
> 
> allValuesFrom, someValuesFrom seems to be the leader.
> 
> PROPOSED: to close issue 5.11 by changing
>   the names to allValuesFrom, someValuesFrom;

so RESOLVED 


>   with actions to editors of syntax specs (Mike Dean, PeterPS, ???)

[I think we neglected to do that.] 


> == 2.1 4.1 UniqueProperty, 3.4: daml:UnambigousProperty
> 
> proposals by van Harmelen of 6Jun
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0045.html
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0046.html
> 
> HasOnlyOne, IsTheOnlyOne
> 
> FunctionalProperty has been suggested
> 
> alternative, OneToMany, ManyToOne, has been seconded.

discussion was inconclusive. 


> 3. Documents
> 
> == 3.1 compliance level 1
> 
> ACTION Deborah McGuinness, Frank van Harmelen, Pat Hayes:
>          coedit level 1 document as draft to WG

continues; expected by 24Jun. 

> any news since 26 May?
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0222.html

chair: OK if ftf meeting documents are available only one week 
in advance, i.e. 24Jun? 
many: yes, OK. 


> 
> == 3.2 DAML+OIL update
> 
> ACTION Mike Dean: provide draft by 17Jun
> 	(ftf input deadline)
> 
> still on track?

on track for 17Jun. 


> == 3.3 Feature Synopsis of the OWL Ontology Language
> 
> update 6Jun from Peter F. Patel-Schneider
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0049.html

ACTION PeterPS: "abstract syntax" draft for ftf 17Jun. 

> review 6Jun by Jeff Heflin
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0053.html
> 
> ACTION  De Roo to review Full Feature Document

action was actually on HermanT; it's done. 


> == 3.4 Requirements update
> 
> ACTION Heflin to update requirements document by June 13
> 
> # Updated Requirements Document ready for review Jeff Heflin
> (Wed, Jun 12 2002) 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0086.html
> 
> ACTION Welty to review.

continues. 

> 
> ACTION Hellman to review.

[that seems to be a mistake in the agenda.] 

> 
> ACTION JimH and DanC will review as well.
continues. 

ACTION PatH: to review requirements 


> == 3.5 XML Presentation Syntax
> 
> ACTION PFPS: send updated presentation syntax.
> 
> # current version of XML presentation syntax files
> Peter F. Patel-Schneider (Thu, Jun 06 2002) 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0047.html
> 
> ACTION RaphaelV: review presentation syntax.
> 
> (older) ACTION: - Heflin, Carroll, Borden to review XML Presentation
> Syntax 
> document

Borden's action done. 

actions on JeffH, RaphaelV continue.

== AOB: UML Presentation Syntax

ACTION: Evan: Presentation Syntax by 24 June

Hendler: Propose topic for F2F to Hendler or Guus by Monday morning

=== AOB: ISWC update
PFPS won best paper.

Fla Oct 2003 <- where/when for next ISWC. suggestion.


-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
Received on Thursday, 27 June 2002 11:22:37 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:50 GMT