W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > June 2002

ADMIN:Agenda - June 6 telecon

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 19:29:54 -0400
Message-Id: <p05111720b922e5ecf93f@[10.0.0.17]>
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

All - please note - many resolutions proposed in agenda item 3 -- 
please read and review prior to telecon - send comments to mailing 
list esp. if you must miss the telecon.
  -JH
-------------------------
WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
May 30, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London

Duration: 60-90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION

To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe:  VOLUNTEER NEEDED.

1) Join call/attendance/admin (10 min)

- regrets: Dean, Finin, Gibbins, Hellman, Klein, McGuinness, Smith
- ISWC / telecon Jun 13
- WOWG schedule revision


2) ACTION item review
    (chair, 10 min)

ACTION Connolly: to arrange direct CVS access for
appropriate members [Jeremy Carroll, Jos de Roo] of the test focus
area to that repository.

ACTION Deborah McGuinness, Frank van Harmelen, Pat Hayes:
         coedit level 1 document as draft to WG

ACTION Jim Hendler - find editor for D+O document

ACTION Jon Borden to send email to RDF Core and WebOnt with DT review.
   (action completed, need URIs for the log)

ACTION Dan Connolly - set up "vote" on name replacements for 
hasClass/toClass (note: just a straw poll, not a binding WG vote)

ACTION Peter Patel-Schneider to send message to Webont mailing list 
with latest version of abstract syntax/features document

ACTION  Heflin, DeRoos to review Full Feature Document

ACTION: Patel-Schneider, Hendler, Volz to review Gibbins RDFS 
document, Gibbins to send to RDFS comments thereafter.

ACTION Heflin to update requirements document by June 13; Welty, 
Hellman to review.

ACTION: - Heflin, Carroll, Borden to review XML Presentation Syntax document

------------------
New Section - Issue action review

ISSUE ACTIONS (Mike Smith to edit into document)
  Issue 4.5 Inverse of -- Dan Connolly resolution + amendment as logged
>(a) ISSUE InverseOf
>Proposed resolution by Dan Connoly:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0264.html

At 5:47 PM -0400 6/4/02, Jim Hendler wrote:
>Issue 5.11
>b) ISSUE hasClass/ToClass-names
>DanC is issue owner

--------------


3) Multi-part agenda item -- ISSUE CLEANUP 1.1 - 3.4 (30 min, Hendler)

3a) Proposal to close issue 1.1 Variables
Issue: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#1.1-Variables
Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0006.html


3b) Proposal to close issue 2.1 URI naming of instances
Issue: 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#2.1-URI-naming-of-instances
Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0255.html
Status: No comments raised on mailing list

3c) Proposal to close issue 2.3 Adding Properties to Other Classes
Issue: 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#2.3-Adding-Properties-to-Other-Classes
Proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0256.html
Status: Wording changes proposed by Jeff Heflin in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0268.html
New Proposal: CLOSE with amended wording (per Jeff msg):
  Our Working group has decided to use RDF/XML as our exchange
framework and that the semantics of our documents will be carried by
the triple store corresponding to this document (see resolutions of 
second face to face meeting). The basic RDF model [1] allows 
documents to refer to and extend the resources defined in other 
documents.


3d) Proposal to close issue 2.4 - Enumerated Classes (daml:oneOf)
issue: 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#2.4-Enumerated-Classes
proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0257.html
Status: No discussion on WG.

3e) Proposal to close issue 3.1 - Local Restrictions
issue:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#3.1-Local-Restrictions
proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0259.html
status: No discussion on mailing list.

3f) Proposal to eradicate issue 3.3 (Daml:DisjointFrom) from issues list
Issue: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#3.3-DisjointFrom
Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0261.html
Status:
Mike Dean has suggested a change, and closing text in:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0262.html
New proposal: CLOSE with Mike Dean's wording

3g) Proposal to close issue 3.4 daml:UnambiguousProperty
Issue: 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#3.4-UnambiguousProperty
proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0260.html
Status: DanC points out a missed fact:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002May/0272.html
New proposal: CLOSE with amended wording:
   daml:UnambiguousProperty is motivated by the "cardinality 
constraints" requirement in 
http://www.w3.org/TR/webont-req/#section-requirements.
No one has advocated its removal and
there does seem to be consensus it is a desirable feature.  It is
provided for in DAML+OIL and will be provided in OWL.

4) Proposal to POSTPONE issue 4.8 Trust and Ontology
Issue: 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#4.8-Trust-and-Ontology
Proposal: This issue was raised by a comment to public-webont-comments:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2002Apr/0005.html
The issue is an important one, but beyond the scope of this WG. 
Someone should take the ACTION to write this up for the issues 
document.

5) Document Review (10 min)
   Updates/Reports on any of the pending documents:
    Compliance Level 1 (Frank vH - regrets from Deb M.)
    OWL V 1.0 Reference (Jim H.)
    OWL Full Feature Syntax (Peter P-S)
    UML presentation Syntax (Guus)
    XML presentation Syntax (Peter P-S)

6) Reponse to DT document from RDF Core/CG (5 min)
  summary: RDF Core likely to consider at f2f in Bristol, CG to take 
no action before then.


7) A.O.B.

- scribe for June 13 (or cancellation of meeting)





-- 
Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-731-3822 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Received on Tuesday, 4 June 2002 19:30:00 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:50 GMT