Re: Complex Table Examples

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> I'm making the point that the onus should have been on those who omitted
> the attributes from the spec to show that they're not needed, rather
> than us having to prove that they are needed...

No, that's backwards.  Nothing gets added or retained without some
evidence that it's needed.  Otherwise, you could use that argument to
get us show why the <foo> element isn't needed, instead having the ones
who asked for it explain why it is.  Saying it should be included in
HTML5 just because it was in HTML4 isn't good enough.

However, I'm not taking sides on whether or not the headers attribute is
needed.  I'm just looking for evidence, and I would appreciate it you
would help, instead of just trying to shift the burden onto others.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/