Re: Complex Table Examples

From: Laura Carlson <laura.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 09:55:39 -0500
To: www-html@w3.org
Cc: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>

> Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
>> I'm making the point that the onus should have been on those who
>> omitted the attributes from the spec to show that they're not
>> needed, rather than us having to prove that they are needed...

> Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> No, that's backwards. Nothing gets added or retained without some
> evidence that it's needed.

Is there a rationale document that provides evidence [1] for the HTML
5 spec (previously WHAT WG's proposal) that is up for review for the

Reasoning for what is currently included may help provide some insight
to WG members and other interested parties.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2007May/0419.html
> * What are the use cases?
> * What problems it solves and how?
> * Who benefits and how?
> * The incentive that authors will have to actually use it.
> * How it could be implemented.
> * The incentive that UA vendors have to implement it.
Laura L. Carlson
University of Minnesota Duluth
Duluth, MN U.S.A. 55812-3009