[Q] META "Refresh" deprecated ?

From: Stephane Bailliez <stephane.bailliez@imediation.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:37:39 +0100
To: <www-html@w3.org>
I have a question concerning the <meta http-equiv="REFRESH" ...

I can not find any paragraph about the "refresh" in the current HTML 4.01
specification and according to the mailing list archive, it seems it was
recently part of the specifications (The book "Ragget on HTML4" 2nd edition
also talks about it p. 239) So I assume it is deprecated and not encouraged.
Am I wrong ?

Thanks for your feedback.

--
  Stéphane Bailliez