RE: [Q] META "Refresh" deprecated ?

From: Dave J Woolley <DJW@bts.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:05:33 -0000
To: www-html@w3c.org
	I think people are missing the point that
	Refresh is actually non-standard HTTP, not
	HTML.  Of the browsers that accept Refresh,
	the ones I've tried will accept it as a real
	HTTP header, e.g., for amusement, I did a
	noddy intranet webcam once that generated
	image/jpeg, with a Refresh header, and it
	did refresh, when accessed as page in its
	own right; no HTML in sight.

	The quote that was given from the HTML spec
	didn't read to me as being normative; it was
	basically saying that META was open ended and
	providing informative information about how
	some browsers used it.

	As an non-standard HTTP header, it really ought
	to be X-Refresh.