RE: [Q] META "Refresh" deprecated ?

> On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Piers Williams wrote:
>
> > > My browser is *mine* to use, not yours to command.
> >
> > So go to another site. Or hit the stop button.
>
> I do better than that.  I use software that allows *me* to control my
> uh, user browsing experience.
>
> (For instance, Opera allows the Refresh idiocy to be disabled.)
>
> Arjun

I run a couple of small special interest web sites (e.g.
http://www.btinternet.com/~lvrc/ ) and subscribe to this list for education.
I use the 'idiocy' to provide a standard, simple, here-I-am lead-in to the
site. I would like to ask (genuine interest, not rhetorical smartass),
what's wrong with what I do and thus with Refresh? What should I do instead?

Best Regards, Roy Gardiner  (PS apologies to Arjun who gets this twice
because I forgot to read the To button before pressing Send and had to do it
again).
The contents of this e-mail may be privileged and are confidential.  It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee(s), nor copied in any way.  If received in error, please advise the sender, then delete it from your system.
National Westminster Bank Plc is regulated by the Personal Investment Authority and IMRO for investment business. A member of the NatWest and Gartmore Marketing Group advising on the life assurance, pensions and unit trust products only of that Marketing Group.
Registered Office: 41 Lothbury London EC2P 2BP
Registered Number: 929027 England