Support for Vector Images

Andrew n marshall (
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 19:57:52 -0800

From: Andrew n marshall <>
To: "''" <>
Cc: "''" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 19:57:52 -0800
Subject: Support for Vector Images

I would greatly appreciate the W3C to include a recommendation for
vector-based images for HTML.  Personally I would prefer this to be a
monochromatic format that could be rendered in the foreground color (great
opportunity for scripts!!).  EPS files come to mind as a quick and easy
solution to this problem, although I'm not an expert in the pros and cons
of image formats.

The other request that goes along side this is vector-based clipping paths.
 I know this is a nasty request, and I also realize it is specific to the
visual rendering, especially text flows.  I honestly don't expect anything
out of this.  Perhaps there is a better place for this in CSS.

Any comments or criticisms (flames included).

Andrew n marshall
  student - artist - programmer
      "Everyone a mentor,  Everyone a pupil"