Support for Vector Images

Andrew n marshall (amarshal@usc.edu)
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 19:57:52 -0800

From: Andrew n marshall <amarshal@usc.edu>
To: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
Cc: "'www-style@w3.org'" <www-style@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 19:57:52 -0800
Subject: Support for Vector Images

I would greatly appreciate the W3C to include a recommendation for
vector-based images for HTML.  Personally I would prefer this to be a
monochromatic format that could be rendered in the foreground color (great
opportunity for scripts!!).  EPS files come to mind as a quick and easy
solution to this problem, although I'm not an expert in the pros and cons
of image formats.

The other request that goes along side this is vector-based clipping paths.
 I know this is a nasty request, and I also realize it is specific to the
visual rendering, especially text flows.  I honestly don't expect anything
out of this.  Perhaps there is a better place for this in CSS.

Any comments or criticisms (flames included).

Andrew n marshall
  student - artist - programmer
    http://www.media-electronica.com/anm-bin/anm
      "Everyone a mentor,  Everyone a pupil"