Re: Support for Vector Images

David Norris (
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:35:19 -0500

From: "David Norris" <>
To: <>
Cc: <>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 12:35:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Support for Vector Images

Microsoft has vector graphics support implemented in Internet Explorer 4.
The image is created as an object and has a parameter that contains vector
information.  I believe they included a Windows Metafile converter in the MS
Internet SDK 4.  I never really looked into it.  It seems like a good idea
to provide some level of vector support in HTML or a closely related
standard.  Simple illustrations would greatly benefit from this.  And, it
should scale to more complex graphics well.

,David Norris
World Wide Web -
My Home's Web -
ICQ Universal Internet Number - 412039