From: Braden N. McDaniel <braden@shadow.net>
To: 'Andrew n marshall' <amarshal@usc.edu>; www-html@w3.org
<www-html@w3.org>
Cc: www-style@w3.org <www-style@w3.org>
Date: Tuesday, November 25, 1997 1:07 AM
Subject: RE: Support for Vector Images

I think CGM is the obvious choice--largely because it is an ISO standard. Is
it the *best* choice? I don't know; but being free from ownership by any
particular company  is certainly a big plus.

I believe there has been intermittent grumbling about the lack of support
for CGM in Web browsers for some time now. Would a formal plea from the W3C
help things? I don't know, but I'm inclined to doubt it.

Braden