XForms Usefulness

From: Bob Foster <bob@objfac.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 02:54:32 -0500
To: <www-forms@w3.org>

Recently, someone on this list asked another why they would want to use XSLT
to translate xforms to xhtml. I found the question astonishing (how else
could you use xforms?) but have just gotten around to commenting.

It seems obvious that xforms is not very useful (and won't be) until it is
supported by the major browsers - the place where real users fill out forms.

I haven't seen any obvious participation on this list by major browser
suppliers. Makes me wonder if xforms will be the next xlink.

(Sorry to be negative, but serious question.)

Bob