From: Calbazana, Al [mailto:ACalbazana@epotec.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 9:50 AM
To: 'www-forms@w3.org'
Subject: "Hidden" Input in XHTML

Hello,
I've read the previous posts regarding "hidden" inputs with respect to
XForms.  The suggested approach is to leave the instance data unbound
and push the model through to the processor creating the effect of a
hidden field.  Not sure how this would work in an XForms XSLT though.
Since the "model" is not coming back in the form of an XML document, how
might the model HTMLify hidden input fields?
I guess I could create an extended control that contains a reference to
the model element or create some funky template to create hidden form
fields using XSLT/XPath functions.  I guess this is more of an XSLT
exercise than anything, but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Al

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com