Re: Hierarchy and recursion

Hi Paul,

As a bookmark exmple author I would like to comment here.

As Micah explained, nesting is supported in XForms 1.0, but only to a
specified level. This is similar to <xslt:for-each>.

Nesting recursively to an unknown level would require some kind of
template mechanism in the style of <xslt:template>. It would be quite
complicated due to dynamic nature of XForms (you must also be able to
insert and remove new items at any level).

So to answer your explicit question: it would be possible to generate
such a data if the form author knows that there are exactly 4 levels.
But editing arbitrary levels of recursion is out of scope of XForms 1.0.

-mikko