Re: How to add features to HTML5 (Was: tracker already has ternary state - RAISED)

Hi laura, thanks for putting in the time to dig up past advice
pronouncements on the process issues we are currently discussing.

It is intersting to note that as Rob Burns recently claimed and Mike
Smith refuted, the wiki was one of the sources for issues to be added
to the issue tracker:

Dan Conolly wrote [1]:

"You three are welcome to start porting issues over from the
various sources we discussed:
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/18-html-wg-minutes#item02
i.e.
the wiki issues list http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML
and my isues list/agenda http://www.w3.org/html/wg/il16
and Ian Hickson's IMAP folders
http://canvex.lazyilluminati.com/misc/cgi/issues.cgi/
and WG email
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/"

This clearly suggests that the issue tracker is the correct repository
for proposals raised via the wiki and the HTML WG mailing list.

It is important that the Chairs  provide a clear and concise process ,
to clarify what is currently an unclear process, with participants,
editors and W3C staff at odds over what the process is.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2007Oct/0057.html

--
with regards

Steve Faulkner