Re: Tone

From: Loretta Guarino Reid <lguarino@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:40:33 -0700
To: "Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
cc: "WCAG WG" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I find myself very uncomfortable with this guideline. In general, the further
we go in the direction of advising authors about what to say and how to say
it, the less confidence I have that we can be effective.

Unless we can provide authors concrete advice about how they can recognize
what sorts of things will *inadvertantly* alienate the audience, or what the
different cultural expectations are that they need to accommodate, I can't see
how an author could apply this guideline.

Loretta