Re: semantics in style

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 11:54:28 -0700
To: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 02:27 PM 8/27/01 -0400, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:
>The working group thinks this is closed as it is covered by checkpoint 1.3
>(use structure), 1.5 (separate content and structure) and CSS techniques

I suppose it's "covered" but an author who has created a style called
"special" and then used that as the class modifier for a span is possibly
unaware of the problem created thereby and not even aware that it has
violated anything about "logical structure" or "separated content/structure".

I guess it can't really be pinned down in GL/CP so maybe a mention of
"class abuse" in connection with CSS in the techniques might be appropriate?

So take it off the issues list if that's what folks want to do.

--
Love.
EACH UN-INDEXED/ANNOTATED WEB POSTING WE MAKE IS TESTAMENT TO OUR HYPOCRISY