Re: semantics in style

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 20:24:09 +0100
To: "Wendy A Chisholm" <wendy@w3.org>, "William Loughborough" <love26@gorge.net>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
> I suppose it's "covered" but an author who has created a style
> called "special" and then used that as the class modifier for a
> span is possibly unaware of the problem created thereby [...]

And unable to fix it, even if they are aware of it. It is of course
possible to link to some form of metadata about the classes that one uses
in a document, but there are no standard methods for doing so, and hence no
tools that can retrieve the definitions, yet alone do something with them.

Hope that future standards such as XHTML 2.0 fix the problem.

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer