Re: Research

From: Jonathan Chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 07:27:44 +0100
To: "Scott Luebking" <phoenixl@sonic.net>, <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: <farrell@nngroup.com>
Scott wrote:
The Norman-Nielsen group has been doing some research.  It might be helpful
to read over their results when they're released.

The study involves Web accessibility for those who use adaptive technologies
to overcome visual or motor impairments.
(You will appreciate that most people with LDD fall intothis category, or
would like to, if they knew how.)
I was less than impressed with their response to my request as to whether
they were excluding people with cognitive disability. They stated that they
weren't, but were unable to provide any indication as to how many were being
sampled.
As we've more or less agreed that the spectrum includes 5-30% of the
population, this may skew the results somewhat, and quite possibly towards
text.

You never know they might actually be including some....

jonathan chetwynd
IT teacher (LDD)
j.chetwynd@btinternet.com
http://www.peepo.com         "The first and still the best picture directory