W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > October 2002

Agenda for RDFCore WG Telecon 2002-10-18

From: <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:35:50 +0100 (BST)
Message-ID: <3813754.1034876309523.JavaMail.bwm@MCBRIDE-B-6>
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Time:
10:00:00 Fri Oct 18 2002 in America/New York

which is equivalent to
15:00:00 Fri Oct 18 2002 in Europe/London

Phone: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)#7332
irc: irc.w3.org #rdfcore

1: Scribes
This weeks volunteer scribe is Jan Grant
Volunteer to scribe next week


2: Roll Call


3: Review Agenda


4: Next telecon 25th Oct 2002


5: Minutes of 2002-10-11 telecon

See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0131.html


6: Confirm Status of Completed Actions

ACTION: 2002-09-06#4 jjc
review material thus far on specifics of rdfs:Datatype, rdfs:Literal and the abstract syntax of literals and produce a proposal for wording in the Abs. Syntax document.

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0182.html

ACTION: 2002-09-27#1 bwm
summarize requirements into next iteration of datatyping rationale document

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0013.html

ACTION: 2002-10-04#1 bwm
send message to the list re the specifics of the voting procedure

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0052.html

ACTION: 2002-10-04#2 bwm
help articulate a the tidy/untidy discussion  (more statement.. 'can you live with this') and ask WebOnt at f2f

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0055.html



7: Confirm Status of Withdrawn Actions

ACTION: 2002-06-18#12 PatH
evaluate effect on the proposed form on literals on the model theory document

ACTION: 2002-08-16#5 MikeD
Mike Dean to write-up daml:Restriction use case where external type information comes from other than rdfs:range

ACTION: 2002-09-27#2 Sergey
write up comments about changes to API implementation vs changes to applications incurred by change to RDF handling of literals. 

ACTION: 2002-10-04#3 ericm
contact the Adobe XMP folk and solicit input to the tidy/untidy debate

ACTION: 2002-10-04#4 bwm
to contact Mark Butler (CCPP) about tidy/untidy issue



8: Book Review
Shelly Powers is finishing off a book and is seeking volunteers to help review it.  She is particularly concerned about the chapter on reification.

See:
  http://rdf.burningbird.net


9: LBase Document
Propose approve publication as a note.

See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Oct/0046.html


10: Literal Abstract Syntax
Questions arising:

o Are datatypes restricted to XSD datatypes?

o Do typed literals have a language identifier?

o Does the abstract syntax require a datatype URI to refer to a
datatype and that the lexical form be from the lexical space of that
datatype

o should a parser barf if it sees a datatype for which it cannot
validate that strings are from that datatypes value space and for
which it cannot compute the lexical to value mapping

o is there a generic value entailment in the model theory:

  <a> <b> <dt1>"foo" .
entails
  <c> <d> <dt2>"bar" .

whenever dt1.value("foo") = dt2.value(bar)?

o The n-triples form:

  <a> <b> <dt1>"foo" .

requires further parser lookahead than say:

  <a> <b> "foo"<dt1> .

The latter is easier to parse.

         

See:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/att-0182/02-minority.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Oct/0133.html


11: Document Schedule#
2002-08-23#1  DanC  review primer text and propose alternative that
                     clarifies status of Alt
2002-09-06#2  daveb  add the rdf:datatype productions to the syntax document
2002-05-17#3  jjc  Propose new text to describe serialization of b-nodes.
2002-09-13#2  gk  to update concepts doc to cover 1.1, 1.2, 2.2, 2.3
                   to reflect datatype concensus
2002-09-13#3  Danbri  update schema to cover 2.1, 3.1, 3.2, 5 to reflect
                       datatype concensus
2002-09-13#4  PatH  to update model theory to cover 4 to reflect
                     datatype consensus
2002-09-13#5  FrankM  update primer to reflect datatype concensus
2002-09-13#6  Jan  create testcase to reflect datatype concensus
2002-09-13#7a DaveB  update n-triples to reflect datatype concensus
2002-20-11#1  jang  add test cases from msg Oct/0098
2002-10-11#2  DaveB  make changes to ntriple reflecting rdf:datatype
2002-10-11#3  jjc  circulate new version of concepts doc
2002-10-11#4  daveB  circulate new version of syntax doc, (ready to publish?)

             


12: possible semantic bugs
concerning domain and range Jos has asked for this on the
agenda
             

See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0288.html


13: Proposed technical changes to RDFS model theory


See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Sep/0169.html



------------------------------------------------------------
This agenda was produced by Jema, the Jena WG assistant
Received on Thursday, 17 October 2002 13:36:00 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:52:27 EDT