RE: HOW_TO_IDENTIFY_LOCK_OWNER

From: Clemm, Geoff <gclemm@rational.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:28:17 -0500
To: w3c-dist-auth@w3c.org
I would describe our conclusion as:

We need to define a new field, say DAV:lockowner, that is specified
in a LOCK request, and that takes an XML value.  We will define
some standard elements for that value.

We should then deprecate the use of the DAV:owner field, as a field
that contains non-interoperable data about the lock owner.

Cheers,
Geoff