Re: [rfc-i] IETF RFC format <-> W3C pubrules

From: Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@vpnc.org>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 19:55:47 -0700
To: rfc-interest <rfc-interest@rfc-editor.org>, spec-prod@w3.org
On May 8, 2012, at 7:45 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:

> I think there are a common set of requirements for archivable, accessible, Unicode, hyperlinked, reliably printable technical specifications suitable for standardization, as well as some unique requirements of each organization in order to deal with differing legacy, audiences, and compatibility requirements.

For the folks on spec-prod: note that Larry started that sentence with "I think that...". There are some people on the rfc-interest list who agree with him about the requirements, and some who do not. I propose that you don't assume that Larry is right, and I don't propose that you ask the IETF what your requirements should be.

--Paul Hoffman