W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xmlsec@w3.org > August 2011

Agenda - Distributed Meeting 2011-08-16

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 21:15:09 +0000
To: <public-xmlsec@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <10E22B11-124B-40F9-95B3-14A3985491EB@nokia.com>
Agenda: W3C XML Security WG Distributed Meeting #110; 16 August  2011 Distributed Meeting

Logistics details and links to information at the bottom of this email.

1) Administrivia: Scribe confirmation, Agenda review,  Liaisons, Announcements.

Updated Suite B interoperability document - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Aug/0039.html (Frederick)

2) Minutes Approval

Approve minutes, 9 August 2011

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Aug/att-0012/minutes-2011-08-09.html

Proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 9 August are approved.

3) XML Encryption 1.1

3a) LC-2543 PRFAlgorithmIdentifierType definition, Makoto

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Aug/0028.html

3b) LC-2544 xenc-schema-11.xsd does not import xmldsig11-schema.xsd but rather import xmldsigschema.xsd, Makoto

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Aug/0029.html

3c) LC-2542 Note re base64 encoding, Makoto

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Aug/0027.html

3d) LC-2541 self-reference
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Aug/0026.html

3e) ACTION-814: Magnus Nystrom to Make namespace ("&xenc;") related edits in XML Encryption 1.1

4) XML Signature Properties

 LC-2372 awaiting response from Juan Carlos

5) XML Security 2.0

5a) LC-2487 Selection attribute should be named Algorithm, not type

ACTION-809: Pratik Datta to Fix examples in signature 2.0

5b) LC-4288, detailed comments from Paul Grosso

ACTION-802: Pratik Datta to Review comments from XML Core WG and formulate response, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jun/0005.html

Need to send formal reply to XML Core/ Paul

5c) ACTION-717: Pratik Datta to Document the Performance improvements with 2.0

6)   Open Action and Issue review

6a) Additional open Actions

ACTION-238: Thomas Roessler to Update the proposal associated with ACTION-222 and send to list.

6b) Issue review

[OPEN] ISSUE-227 : CR of XML Encryption 1.1 requires update to namespace refs, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2011Jun/0017.html 
/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/227 

[OPEN] ISSUE-91 : ECC can't be REQUIRED ; on [XML Security - General] 
/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/91 

[OPEN] ISSUE-122 : Explain peformance improvements and rationale, relationship to earlier work, document, benchmarks ; on [XML Signature 2.0] 
/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/122 

6c) Close Pending actions

These will be closed after the meeting unless concern raised before  or  during meeting. Please review in advance of meeting.

ACTION-699: Cynthia Martin to Update interop wiki with suite B organization

ACTION-821: Frederick Hirsch to Post suite b interop material from Cynthia

ACTION-822: Frederick Hirsch to Propose XML Encryption 1.1 changes

ACTION-823: Frederick Hirsch to Update 2.0 spec to treat RetrievalMethod same as in 1.1, specifically not disallow Transform within RetrievalMethod

7) Other Business

8) Adjourn

Scribing  list
----------------
Magnus Nystrom, Microsoft (7 Sept 2010, 27 April, 2010)
Brian LaMacchia, Microsoft (19 October 2010, 25 May 2010)
Pratik Datta, Oracle (4 January 2010, 27 July 2010)
Scott Cantor, invited expert (8 February 2011, 19 October 2010)
Meiko Jensen (15 Feb 2011, 2 November 2010 F2F)
Bruce Rich, IBM (1 March 2011, 1 & 2 November 2010 F2F)
Shivaram Mysore, Invited Expert (19 April 2011, 28 Sept 2010)
Gerald Edgar, Boeing (24 May 2011, 12 April 2011, 18 January 2011)
Ed Simon, Invited Expert (7 June 2011, 8 March 2011)
Cynthia Martin, MITRE (7 June 2011, 29 March 2011)
Thomas Roessler (28 June 2011, 18 January 2011)
Chris Solc, Adobe (2 August 2011, 25 January 2011)
Hal Lockhart, Oracle (9 August 2011, 14 June 2011)

Logistics Info:

10-12:00 am Eastern Time
Information on meeting times in various time zones:
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#phone

Zakim Bridge:
+1.617.761.6200 conference code 965732# ('XMLSEC')

IRC Chat: irc.w3.org (port 6665), #xmlsec

Web-based IRC (member-only): <http://irc.w3.org/?channels=xmlsec>

Please note that attendance of XMLSEC WG teleconferences is  restricted  to registered WG participants and persons invited by the chair.

Scribe Instructions: <http://www.w3.org/2007/xmlsec/Group/Scribe-Instructions.html

Liaison information: <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/Group/Overview.html#coordination

Publication Status available at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/PublicationStatus

Roadmap at <http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/wiki/Roadmap>
---

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair XML Security WG
Received on Monday, 15 August 2011 21:15:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 15 August 2011 21:15:45 GMT