Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2009 February 25

From: Grosso, Paul <pgrosso@ptc.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:51:03 -0500
To: <public-xml-core-wg@w3.org>
We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday,
February 25, from
          08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
          11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
          16:00-17:00 UTC
          16:00-17:00 in Ireland and the UK
          17:00-18:00 in middle (most of) Europe
on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .

See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.

Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
at the beginning of the call.

1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
   the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
   or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).

2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.

The next Technical Plenary (and AC meeting) week (TPAC week)
will be Nov 2-6 in Santa Clara, California:

The XML Core WG is tentatively planning to meet f2f
during that week.

3.  XML 1.0

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-errata

The XML 1.0 5th Edition Recommendation is at

4.  XML Test Suite.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-test-suite

ACTION to Richard:  Construct a test case for the XML test suite
issues raised by Frans Englich:

5.  Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#ns1.0 and

The NS 1.0 2nd Ed Errata document is at

The NS PE doc is at

Richard added some discussion at
The WG agreed with his direction and asked that he go forward with it.

ACTION to Richard:  Fill in a proposed resolution for NPE29.

6.  LEIRIs

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#leiri

The WG Note defining LEIRIs is at

The following specs need to be revised to reference LEIRIs:
XML 1.0 6th Edition
XML 1.1 3rd Edition
XML Base 2nd Edition
XLink 1.1 (First Edition)
XInclude 3rd Edition

7.  xml:id

The xml:id Recommendation is at

John Cowan submitted a proposed erratum at
and the WG had Consensus to do as follows (in countdown until
this week's telcon):

 The sentence "A document that uses xml:id attributes that
 have a declared type other than xs:ID will always generate
 xml:id errors" in Appendix D.3 should be deleted.

ACTION to Paul (after this week's telcon):  Update the Errata
document at http://www.w3.org/2005/09/xml-id-errata

ACTION to Henry:  Think about the appropriateness of
the same sentence in Appendix D.2.

8.  XML Base 2nd Edition 2nd Rec

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xml-base

The XML Base 2nd Edition Recommendation is at

9.  XLink 1.1.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xlink1.1

The earlier XLink CR was published at

The XLink 1.1 LC was published at

The LC review period ended 16 May 2008.

Norm has prepared a DoC at

ACTION to Norm:  Update XLink 1.1 to refer to the LEIRI note.

There's an open question about whether the XSD/DTD
should default the xlink:type attribute value.
None of this effects our last call because the
XSD/DTD are not normative.

John asked whether we should have two schemas, one for
each of our conformance levels.
The notion was to have a schema for people who want to implement
the basic level of conformance, so they only have simple links.
For the DTD, which is just a sample, we just need a smaller
subset. Likewise, the XSD should include only declarations
for the simple links.

ACTION to Henry, John:  Produce a basic level
conformance XSD and RelaxNG schema for XLink.

Paul asks us to consider skipping CR and going directly to PR.

ACTION to Henry:  Review the history and make a recommendation
as to whether we should skip CR and go directly to PR.

10.  XInclude 3rd Edition

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude

XInclude 2nd Edition is at:

See http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#xinclude for
LEIRI-related changes for the 3rd Edition.

ACTION to Daniel: Produce a PER-ready draft of XInclude 3rd Ed
with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.

11.  Associating Stylesheets.

See also http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#assoc-ss

Associating stylesheets with XML version 1.0 is at:

The Errata document is at:

Simon has requested we consider revisions; see his email at
and his suggested draft at

See also his latest email at
outlining various issues.

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core