W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xml-core-wg@w3.org > March 2008

Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2008 March 12

From: François Yergeau <francois@yergeau.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 07:38:44 -0700
To: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Message-id: <47D7EAF4.5070708@yergeau.com>

Regrets, can't make it today.

-- 
François

Grosso, Paul a écrit :
> 
> 
> We have an XML Core WG phone call scheduled for Wednesday, 
> March 12, from
>           08:00-09:00 Pacific time aka
>           11:00-12:00 Eastern time aka
>           15:00-16:00 UTC
>           15:00-16:00 in Ireland and the UK         !!!!!!!
>           16:00-17:00 in middle (most of) Europe    !!!!!!!
> on the Zakim W3C Bridge, +1 617 761 6200, passcode 9652#.
> We also use IRC channel #xmlcore on irc.w3.org:6665 .
> 
> See the XML Core group page [1] for pointers to current documents
> and other information.  If you have additions to the agenda, please
> email them to the WG list before the start of the telcon.
> 
> Please also review our group page's task list [2] for accuracy and
> completeness and be prepared to amend if necessary and accept it
> at the beginning of the call.
> 
> *************************************************************
> 
> NOTE: This telcon (and the upcoming telcon of March 26)
> occur one hour earlier than usual local time for partipants 
> in the UK and Europe due to a early switch to DST 
> on the part of those in North America.
> 
> *************************************************************
> 
> Agenda
> ======
> 1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and
>    the current task status [2] (have any questions, comments,
>    or corrections ready by the beginning of the call).
> 
> 
> 2. Miscellaneous administrivia and document reviews.
> 
> CURIEs et al.
> -------------
> The XHTML2 Working Group plans to take CURIE Syntax 1.0 at:
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2008/ED-curie-20080122/ to Last Call.
> 
> Both Norm and Henry have reviewed it on the Tag list:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Feb/0050
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Feb/0053
> 
> XML would have to change for CURIEs to do what they want to do.
> 
> The key issue with CURIEs is the restriction on name start
> characters for the value of ids (which is now an NCName).
> 
> Henry asks us to consider changing the type of an id attribute
> from NCName to NMTOKEN.
> 
> Norm sent his thoughts on redefining QNames at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Feb/0030
> 
> John suggests we shouldn't change QNames--which are for element
> and attribute names--but perhaps come up with another term--or
> just use the term CURIEs--for this new concept.
> 
> Philippe says that sparql has already come up with a CURIE-like 
> concept (and it is already a Rec):
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-rdf-sparql-query-20080115/#QSynIRI
> 
> Henry has done some research on the use of non-names for ids
> on the web.
> 
> Norm blogged on a possible XML 2.0:
> http://norman.walsh.name/2008/02/20/xml20
> 
> ----
> 
> October Technical Plenary
> -------------------------
> The next Technical Plenary is scheduled for October in Cannes:
> http://www.w3.org/2008/10/TPAC/Overview.html
> We need to decide if we wish to meet there.
> 
> ----
> 
> Element Traversal Specification Review
> --------------------------------------
> We have been asked to review 
> Element Traversal Specification (Web API WG)
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-ElementTraversal-20080303/
> 
> John reviewed it at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Mar/0003
> and found no issues for us.  Philippe concurred at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Mar/0005
> 
> 
> 3.  C14N 
> 
> The C14N 1.1 PR has been published:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PR-xml-c14n11-20080129/
> 
> Known Issues with Canonical XML 1.0 (C14N/1.0) WG Note 
> has been published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/NOTE-C14N-issues-20061220/
> 
> Using XML Digital Signatures in the 2006 XML Environment 
> WG Note has been published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/NOTE-DSig-usage-20061220/
> 
> 
> 4.  XML 1.0 5th Edition
> 
> The XML 1.0 5th Edition PER has been published at
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PER-xml-20080205/
> 
> 
> 5.  XML 1.0/1.1 4th/2nd Editions published 2006 August 16:
> 
>  Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Fourth Edition)
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816
> 
>  Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.1 (Second Edition)
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml11-20060816
> 
> Henry/Richard discussed the test suite issues raised by Frans Englich:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-testsuite/2007Mar/ 
> 
> These need to be resolved. 
> 
> Richard reports that the 2005 issue has been resolved in the 
> latest draft. 
> 
> The one from 2006, character references with numbers with 
> dozens of digits, may not be. 
> 
> ACTION: Richard to construct a test case for these issues.
> 
> At some point in the future (e.g., six months after XML 1.0 5th
> Edition is a Recommendation) we might consider deprecating XML 1.1.
> 
> 
> 6. Namespaces in XML 1.0/1.1 2nd Editions published 2006 August 16:
> 
>  Namespaces in XML 1.0 (Second Edition)
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-names-20060816
> 
>  Namespaces in XML 1.1 (Second Edition)
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-names11-20060816
> 
> Richard has recorded Anne's issue/proposed resolution at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2001/05/proposed-xml-names-errata#NPE27
> 
> ACTION to Richard:  Look into Anne's (two) comments at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-names-editor/2007Oct/
> 
> ---
> 
> We discussed processing an erratum to NS 1.0 that adds the 
> ability to undeclare a namespace prefix in NS 1.0.
> 
> We could probably make NS 1.0 a copy of NS 1.1 with appropriate
> minor changes.
> 
> 
> 7.  LEIRIs
> 
> Martin's latest IRI draft (defining LEIRIs in section 7) is at 
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-duerst-iri-bis-02.txt
> 
> Martin's latest email is at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Dec/0042
> 
> Paul's summary of what comes next spec-by-spec is at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Dec/0045
> 
> 
> 8.  XML Base 2nd Edition 2nd PER
> 
> The (Second Edition) XML Base PER has been published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/PER-xmlbase-20061220/ 
> 
> Richard has produced a PER-ready draft of XML Base at:
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/09/xmlbase-2e/
> 
> We will plan to publish this as a second PER in the March
> timeframe with the understanding it can't go to Rec until 
> the IRI RFC is republished.
> 
> ACTION to Richard:  Add a para to the SOTD explaining that we
> will await for the 3987bis to become an RFC before going to Rec.
> 
> ACTION to Richard: Update refs (to XML and NS) to be undated.
> 
> Paul drafted a transition request for XML Base 2nd Ed (2nd) PER at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Feb/0049
> 
> ACTION to Henry, Philippe, and Richard:  Review Paul's draft
> transition request for XML Base.
> 
> We will plan for the WG to approve to go to PER on our next
> telcon on March 12.
> 
> After the transition is approved, Paul makes a pub request
> and Henry writes and sends out an announcement.
> 
> 
> 9.  XLink update.
> 
> The XLink CR was published at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-xlink11-20060328/ 
> 
> The latest almost PR-ready XLink draft is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/xmlcore/xlink11/
> 
> Norm posted a DoC at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2006/10/xlink11-doc.html
> 
> Paul wrote a SECOND draft PR request at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2006Dec/0059
> 
> We decided the next step would be another LC.
> 
> LEIRI reference:
>  Section 5.4: 
> 
>  replace para starting:
> 
>   The value of the href attribute is an XML resource identifer...
> 
>  with:
> 
>   The value of the href attribute is a LEIRI [ref].
> 
>  and then delete subsection 5.4.1 but move the para about 
>  relative references up into 5.4.
> 
> ACTION to Norm:  Suggest any other appropriate changes to XLink 1.1.
> 
> ACTION to Norm:  Produce diff/review version.
> 
> ACTION to Norm: Produce a LC-ready draft of XLink 1.1 with 
> a reference to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.
> 
> John suggests we have two levels of conformance at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Feb/0044
> 
> 
> 10.  XInclude 3rd Edition
> 
> XInclude 2nd Edition is at:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xinclude-20061115
> 
> LEIRI-related changes for the 3rd Edition:
> 
> 3.1, href attribute is a LEIRI
> 
> See also 4.1.1 (details TBD) which can't reference XML 1.1
> since we don't define XML Resource Identifiers in XML 1.1.
> Just replace that para with the "They are LEIRIs" para.
> 
> See also
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2007Dec/0007
> for more details on the necessary changes.
> 
> ACTION to Daniel: Produce a PER-ready draft of XInclude 3rd Ed
> with appropriate references to the IRI RFC for LEIRIs.
> 
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core
> [2] http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/Core#tasks
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/2008Feb/0023
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 12 March 2008 14:40:32 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 12 March 2008 14:40:33 GMT