W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > January 2007

Agenda: WS-Policy WG telcon 25 - 2007-01-31

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:47:16 -0800
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22572447E524E8@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG distributed meeting 25 - 2007-01-31

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Jeff Mischkinsky
Abbie Barbir
Ashok Malhotra
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
Sanka Samaranayake
Fabian Ritzmann
David Orchard
Yakov Sverdlov
Ümit Yalçinalp
Asir Vedamuthu
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg
Chris Ferris
Mark Little
Monica Martin
Glen Daniels
William Henry
Toufic Boubez
Frederick Hirsch
Felix Sasaki
Prasad Yendluri
Anthony Nadalin
Daniel Roth

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of f2f minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2007-01-16, 2007-01-17, 2007-01-18 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0014.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0015.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0017.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Feb 7 - Chair is Chris.

b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

ACTION-190 Chris and Paul to complete the future meetings schedule
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0021.html

c) Tue-Thu Mar 13-15 F2F meeting in Santa Clara hosted by webMethods
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0000.html
http://www.w3.org/2007/03/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: Please register as early as possible.

d) Wed-Fri May 23-25 F2F meeting in Ottawa hosted by Nortel
http://www.w3.org/2007/05/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: Logistics page is not yet available.

e) Tue-Thu Jul 24-26 F2F meeting in Dublin hosted by Iona
http://www.w3.org/2007/07/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html
Note: Logistics page is not yet available.

ACTION-189  William Henry to put a proposal page for the July F2F in Ireland

4. Editorial team report
Current Editors drafts:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/#drafts

a) Update WS-Policy Canadidate Recommendation Editor's drafts, Editors
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0208.html
Status: WG members have until Wed Feb 7 to review these documents.

b) ACTION-207 Felix to get the WSDL 1.1 EI doc published
DONE.  See:
Transition request: FPWD of "WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2007JanMar/0023.html

c) Other Editorial items

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-183: Asir to research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark.[4103]
ACTION-189  William Henry to put a proposal page for the July F2F in Ireland
ACTION-190 Chris and paul to complete the future meetings schedule
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2007Jan/0021.html

ACTION-192 Maryann to give proposal for changes resulting from 4142

ACTION-193 Ashok Malhotra to propose guidelines text. Maryann and Monica to help.

ACTION-194 Editors to update guidelines document to add reference to SAWSDL and address issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0064.

ACTION-196 Frederick to add example outlined in
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/16-ws-policy-irc#T22-21-59 to be added to primer
ACTION-197 David orchard to make a formal proposal for WSDL 1.1. element identifiers referenced by / within attachment spec
DONE.  See:
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4127

ACTION-199 Asir to make a proposal based on the guidelines to close issues 4238 and 4196
DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0184.html
ACTION-200 William and Daniel to flesh out the concrete proposal
Status: Close as duplicate of ACTION-200.

ACTION-201 William to create a concrete proposal for 4255.

ACTION-202 Chris to followup with the SX TC if they are requesting additional time to do LC review for policy

ACTION-203 Felix will create test cases for xml:id

ACTION-204 Chris Will create test cases for xml:base

ACTION-205 David Orchard to open an issue for action 152 with the existing proposal

ACTION-206 Frederick to open an issue to address the deleted paragraph in the proposal from Dan for issue 4041 (see thread 187)

ACTION-207 Felix to get the WSDL 1.1 EI doc published
DONE.  See:
Transition request: FPWD of "WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2007JanMar/0023.html

ACTION-208 Chris to put together status section for the pub of the WSDL 1.1 EI doc
DONE.  See:
Transition request: FPWD of "WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2007JanMar/0023.html

ACTION-209  Glen Daniels will create test cases for the policy MIME type, see http://www.w3.org/2007/01/18-ws-policy-minutes.html#action06

6. Liaison items

a) LC Comments from SAWSDL WG (WS Policy issue 4188)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0205.html
Status: SAWSDL WG confirms they are okay with our resolution.  No further action is required.

7. CR interop scenarios and testing

a) WS-Policy Features and Interop Scenarios, Asir
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0143.html

b) Revised Interop Scenarios, IBM and MSFT
<URL to be provided>

c) ACTION-203 Felix will create test cases for xml:id

d) ACTION-204 Chris will create test cases for xml:base

e) ACTION-209  Glen Daniels will create test cases for the policy MIME type

f) UDDI scenario and test cases, Prasad
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0196.html

g) Adding negative test cases, Chris F
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0199.html

h) Outstanding test cases, Chair

8. WSDL 1.1 Element Identifiers

a) Issue 4251  Change syntax for some WSDL 1.1 identifiers
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4251
Ashok's proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0169.html
David's correction:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0180.html
Status: At the F2F meeting WG members asked for more time to consider this matter.

9. Primer issues

a) [NEW ISSUE] 4103 Questionable use of Contoso Ltd in Primer, Chris Ferris
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4103
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0077.html
See thread ending at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0102.html
Status: Asir has action 183

ACTION-183 OPEN Research ownership of "Contoso" name/trademark. Asir Vedamuthu 2007-01-10

b) [NEW ISSUE] 4263: Add text to ignorable discussion on passing ignorable property of assertion to domain specific processing
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4263

c) Primer versioning example, David Orchard
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4270
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0204.html

d) [NEW ISSUE] 4212, 4213 Use of empty policy for nesting should be exemplified
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0100.html

e) [NEW ISSUE] 4255: Section 2.9 should also explain basic attaching
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4255

10. Guidelines issues

a) ISSUE 3953: - Remove language that use of security policy assertions forces nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3953
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html
Status: Frederick's update proposal against more recent Guidelines doc:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0008.html
Revised proposal, closing Action-176:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0090.html

ACTION-163 Work with Frederick to draft an example of the RM and security composition requiring nesting Umit Yalcinalp 2006-12-13 DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0066.html

ACTION-176 Revise proposal to accommodate Chris Ferris\\\\' ideas. Umit to assist. Issue 3953. Coordinate with MaryAnn and Chris Ferris. Frederick Hirsch
Status: Done
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0090.html

b) ISSUE 3987: Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html

c) ISSUE 4035: [ Guidelines] Section 2 should account for interop impact of non-wire or one-party assertions and ignorable property
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4035
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0007.html

d) ISSUE 4072: Statements not relevant to assertion design, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4072
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0046.html
Fabian's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0063.html

e) ISSUE 3979: Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy expressions, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html

ACTION-164 Try to write up alternative text that takes into consideration today\\'s discussion on issue 3979 DONE. See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0071.html

f) ISSUE 4073: Free standing statements, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4073
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0049.html

g) ISSUE 4074: Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html
See exchange between Dan and Umit at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0085.html

h) ISSUE 4040: [Guidelines] Update guidelines to include discussion of ignorable, Frederick http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4040
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0025.html

i) ISSUE 3978: Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html

j) ISSUE 3989: Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html

k) ISSUE 3988: Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html

l) ISSUE 4074: [Guidelines] Collection of unclear Guidance or text issues, Dan
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4074
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0053.html

m) ISSUE 3981: What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy assertion design?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html

n) ISSUE 3990: Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html

o) [NEW ISSUE] 4198: Policy assertion semantics independent of attachment mechanism
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4198
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2007Jan/0083.html

p) [NEW ISSUE] 4262 Use of @wsp:optional and @wsp:Ignorable on t...
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=4262

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Monday, 29 January 2007 16:47:37 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:38:30 UTC