W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > September 2006

[VER 3] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 09 - 2006-09-06

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 17:53:17 -0700
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22570ED21BBBFF@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 09 - 2006-09-06

[VER 3]
1. Added some more links to discussion threads.
2. Added 3613 to Sep 6 agenda.
3. Added 3602 to draft F2F agenda.
4. Added agenda item for resolved issues that have not yet been marked as resolved in Bugzilla.
5. Added agenda item for Editor's Drafts.

[VER 2]
1. Added agenda items for ACTION-28 and ACTION-64.
2. Added pertinent action items to several issues.
3. Updated action item list with current status.

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG teleconference is
documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page.   Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

Teleconference Time and Length (two hours)
Pacific   9 AM - 11 AM
Mountain 10 AM - 12 PM
Central  11 AM -  1 PM
Eastern  12 PM -  2 PM
UK        5 PM -  7 PM
Sri Lanka 9:30 PM - 11:30 PM

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List: (will select one victim in-order from the list below)
      Monica Martin (Sep 6 scribe)
      Dimitar Angelov
      Sanjiva Weerawarana
      Bijan Parsia
      Seumas Soltysik
      Maryann Hondo
      Toufic Boubez
      Glen Daniels
      Fabian Ritzmann
      Ashok Malhotra
      Sanka Samaranayake
      Ruchith Fernando
      Felix Sasaki
      Daniel Roth
      Charlton Barreto
      Jeffrey Crump
      Tom Jordahl
      Jong Lee
      Asir Vedamuthu
      Ümit Yalçinalp
      Frederick Hirsch
      Dale Moberg
      David Orchard
      Jeff Mischkinsky
      William Henry
      Prasad Yendluri
      Mark Little
      Abbie Barbir
      Yakov Sverdlov
      Anthony Nadalin

c) Scribe FAQ
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0013.html

2. Review and approval of telcon minutes, Chair

a) Review and approval of 2006-08-30 minutes, Chair
Draft minutes (member only):
http://www.w3.org/2006/08/30-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Sep 27 - Chris to chair
Note there is NO meeting on Wed Sep 20 in the week after the F2F meeting.

b) Sept 12-14 F2F is next week
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/ws-policy-f2f-logistics.html

c) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

4. Editorial team report

a) Editorial drafts ready, David O
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0017.html
Status: WG members should review these Editor's Drafts before the F2F meeting so we can approve them a public WDs at the F2F.

5. Review action items, Chair

a) Open action items:
Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

6. Action items, Chair

a) Action-28: daveo look at adding/developing versioning policy material to primer/guide, David O
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0159.html
Status: Please be ready to discuss this item at the Sep 6 meeting.

b) Conformance Sections needed for both specs, Asir V
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3559
Status: We are expecting the following action to be done by Sep 6:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/64

7. Bugzilla entries that need updating, Chair
Status: I believe the following issues have been resolved but the Bugzilla entries have not yet been updated.

a) Definion of the term "processor" is poorly defined
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3543
Owner: Christopher B Ferris

b) Clarify the relation of overlapping definitions in the framework
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3562
Owner:  Felix Sasaki

c)  Framework and domain specific policy assertions
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3565
Owner: Dale Moberg

d) Remove misleading reference to a Requester policy
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3586
Owner: Yakov Sverdlov

e) Typo wsp:tPolicyURIs in Section 3.3 first example
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3605
Owner: William Henry

f) Policy Negotiation
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3616
Owner: Toufic Boubez

8. Issues ready for processing, Chair
Status: The following issues were suggested for processing at the Aug 30 meeting.

a) Policy framework should document extensibility points, David Orchard
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3590
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0155.html
and Asir's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0156.html

b) Clarify conversion of compact to normal form in Framework section 4.3, Frederick H
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3613

c) Add discussion/examples of domain expressions, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3557
Status: Ashok opened new issue
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0085.html
Asir's proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0010.html

d) Namespace URI versioning Policy is not clear, Umit Y
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3617

9. Coordination items, Chair

a) Relation of Attachment to SAWSDL, Bijan Parsia
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3623
Paul's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0147.html
See Paul's update on Sept 5:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Sep/0016.html
Status: No further action required at this time.

b) Coordination item, Maryann Hondo
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3619
See thread at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0172.html
Status:  The WS-Addressing WG will be reviewing this thread at their next meeting.

10. New issues skipped at last meeting (through Aug 27), Chair
Note: each new issue to be presented by the owner for triage purposes
and to ensure that the other WG members clearly understand the issue.
Actions will be assigned to develop proposals to resolve the issues.

a) Better describe policy language capabilities in the Introduction, Yakov
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3607
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0115.html

b) Require assertions to be distinguished from parameter elements,
Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3549

11. Acceptance or rejection of issues, Chair
Status: At the Aug 30 meeting there was a request for WG members to review the following items to determine if a proposal is needed for these issues.

a) Need to be able to specify ordering between assertions, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3638
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0157.html

b) Which policy alternative was selected?, Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3639
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0158.html

12. Possible out of Scope issues

a) Policy Attachment to WS-Addr EndpointReferences, Glen D
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3620
See Paul's reply:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0169.html

13. Any other business

14. Adjournment

Items for F2F agenda

F1. Editorial and wording changing issues, Chair

a) Clarify the relation of overlapping definitions in the fr...,
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3562
Status: Editorial team is working on this issue.

F2. Issues requiring more discussion or proposal, Chair

a) Need a URI structure to refer to WSDL 1.0 definitions, etc. , Ashok
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3599
Action item:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/75

b) Formal semantics, Bijan Parsia
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3621

c) Policy assertion equivalence and generality, Bijan Parsia
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3622

d) Optional Assertions may not be usable in all circumstances, Umit
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3564

e) Semantics of successful intersection determined by domain-specific assertion content, Glen D
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3577
Action item:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/83

f) The absence of an assertion should not mean that the behavior is "explicitly prohibited"
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3602
See also:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0110.html

F3. Questions on WG email list, Chair

a) Does the selected Policy alternative apply in both directions? Ashok M.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Aug/0174.html


Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Wednesday, 6 September 2006 00:55:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:41 GMT