W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-ws-policy@w3.org > December 2006

[VER 2] Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 19 - 2006-12-06

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 14:28:52 -0800
To: "public-ws-policy@w3.org" <public-ws-policy@w3.org>
Message-ID: <4D66CCFC0B64BA4BBD79D55F6EBC22571FD0E5D3A6@NA-EXMSG-C103.redmond.corp.microsoft.com>

Agenda: WS-Policy WG Teleconference 19 - 2006-12-06

[VER 2]
1. Added info about Primer and Guidelines Editor's drafts
2. Reordered Guidelines issues as per email discussion.

The phone number to use for the WS-Policy WG F2F is documented on the WG's administrative home page:
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#phone

Participants are invited to join IRC channel #ws-policy as documented on the WG's administrative home page. Please register with Zakim:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Aug/0012.html

1. Roll call and selection of secretary, Chair

a) Scribe List:

Glen Daniels (Scribe for Dec 6 meeting)
Jong Lee
Dimitar Angelov
Sanjiva Weerawarana
Ruchith Fernando
Jeffrey Crump
Tom Jordahl
Vladislav Bezrukov
----------------------
Jeff Mischkinsky
William Henry
Prasad Yendluri
Mark Little
Abbie Barbir
Anthony Nadalin
Monica Martin
Ashok Malhotra
Daniel Roth
Sergey Beryozkin
Charlton Barreto
Sanka Samaranayake
Frederick Hirsch
Fabian Ritzmann
David Orchard
Toufic Boubez
Yakov Sverdlov
Felix Sasaki
Ümit Yalçinalp
Asir Vedamuthu
Maryann Hondo
Dale Moberg

b) Scribe FAQ (Updated)
Member only:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-ws-policy/2006Oct/0001.html

2. Review and approval of previous minutes, Chair
http://www.w3.org/2006/11/29-ws-policy-minutes.html

3. Future WG meetings, Chair

a) Next distributed meeting is Wed Dec 13 - Chair is Chris Ferris.

b) Future meetings
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/policy/admin#meetings

4. Editorial team report

a) Primer and Guidelines Editor's Drafts
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0005.html

5. Review action items, Chair
Open action items - Member only:
http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/wspolicy/actions/open

ACTION-147 Raise issue relative to xml:base and ws-policy, Christopher Ferris

ACTION-148 Confirm that WG will not be out of bounds to publish a WG note that defines xpiointer scheme that defines access to wsdl 1.1 elements, Philippe Le Hegaret

ACTION-152 Review 4.4.8 with respect to the addition of the ignorable attribute ("treasure island") due December 1, David Orchard

ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0128.html

ACTION-157 OPEN Write a proposal for scoping the 1.1 identifiers to address the policy attachments points currently in the ws-policy attachment spec Christopher Ferris

6. Last Call Framework and Attachment Issues

None.

7. New Issues

None.

8. WSDL11Identifiers

a) Nov 24 Editor's Draft:
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/ws/policy/wsdl11elementidentifiers.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8

b) Umit's comment on table format:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0099.html

c) ACTION-156 OPEN Respond to 1.1 element names topic Ashok Malhotra
DONE.  See:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0128.html

d) Paul's review:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0127.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0129.html

8. Primer Doc Issues
Status: We will discuss those issues with the most discussion on the email list.

a) 3952 - Change optional example from MTOM to security (Guidelines and Primer), Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3952
>From Nov F2F - Partial RESOLUTION: Agreed to preserve MTOM assertion as optional example in Primer as partial resolution to 3952.
Dan's proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0123.html
Frederick's amendment:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0130.html
Modified proposal from Dan:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0005.html

b) 3965 - Clarify text surrounding PolicyReference and for usage of wsp:Name attribute, Fabian
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3965
Status: Awaiting amendment from Fabian.  Fabian cannot attend Dec 6 meeting.

9. Guidelines issues
Status: We will discuss those issues with the most discussion on the email list.

a) 3978 Clarify if Section 7 on defining new policy attachment mechanisms is necessary, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3978
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0102.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0131.html

b) 3989 Suggested format for the Guidelines document., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3989
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0113.html
Maryann's response:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0132.html
Asir:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0139.html
Umit:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0141.html

c) 3988 Section 8 doesn't illustrate how to design an assertion., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3988
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0112.html
Email discussion thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Dec/0000.html

d) 3953 - Remove language that use of security policy assertions forces nested assertions for other domains, Frederick
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3953
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0039.html
Status: Frederick to update proposal against more recent Guidelines doc.

e) 3979 Clarify the guidance in section 5.9.1 on referencing policy expressions, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3979
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0104.html

f) 3982 The introduction should state that the document only targets policy assertion authors, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3982
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0105.html

g) 3980 The introduction section..., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3980
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0106.html

h) 3981 What is the relevance of Section 4 'Authoring Styles' to policy
assertion design?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3981
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0107.html

i) 3983 The Guidelines document should use a phrase to identify the
target audience consistently., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3983
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0108.html

j) 3984 Assertion Parameters vs. Name Value Pairs., Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3984
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0109.html

k) 3986 Parameters vs. Nested Policy decision at the Domain Level?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3986
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0110.html

l) 3987 Section 5.9 - Lifecycle of Assertions?, Asir
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3987
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0111.html

m) 3990 Content in Section 5.7 is unclear, Dan Roth
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=3990
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-policy/2006Nov/0114.html

11. Any other business

12. Adjourn

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
17 Eleanor Drive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6A3
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com
Received on Monday, 4 December 2006 22:33:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:20:43 GMT