Re: SURVEY: Release "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4" as a W3C Working Draft? formal decision

From: Thomas Broyer <t.broyer@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:22:57 +0200
To: public-html@w3.org

2007/6/26, Jirka Kosek:

> In section 3.3:
> "There are also several global attributes that can appear on elements
> from other vocabularies when they are properly namespaced. These are
> used for repetition templates:"
>
> I haven't found anything about using those elements on elements from
> different namespace in HTML5 spec and WF2 spec. Moreover there is no
> concept of namespaces in HTML syntax. Either I'm missing something here
> (for which I'm sorry), or this sentence should be clarified somehow.

You're missing something ;-)

This is pretty clear in
http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-forms/current-work/#definitions
Quotes:
"Several new global attributes are introduced as part of the
repetition model: repeat, repeat-start, repeat-min, repeat-max, and
repeat-template. When placed on elements in the
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace, they must be namespace-free
attributes, and when placed on other elements, they must be attributes
in the http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml  namespace."
and a few lines below:
"An element in the http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace with the
repeat attribute  in no namespace, or an element in any other
namespace with the repeat attribute in the
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml namespace, with the attribute's value
equal to "template", is a repetition template."
and so on...

--
Thomas Broyer