Re: SURVEY: Release "HTML 5 differences from HTML 4" as a W3C Working Draft? formal decision

Dan Connolly wrote:

> Specifically, version 1.25 2007/06/25 14:50:30 plus any
> publication-related changes (e.g. status section, typos, broken links)
> agreed by Anne van Kesteren and Dan Connolly.

To prevent confusion between less informed readers I propose to change

"The DOCTYPE declaration is <!DOCTYPE html> and is case-insensitive."

in section 2.2 to

"The DOCTYPE declaration is <!DOCTYPE html> and is case-insensitive in
HTML syntax."

because in XML DOCTYPE is case-sensitive.

In section 3.3:
"There are also several global attributes that can appear on elements
from other vocabularies when they are properly namespaced. These are
used for repetition templates:"

I haven't found anything about using those elements on elements from
different namespace in HTML5 spec and WF2 spec. Moreover there is no
concept of namespaces in HTML syntax. Either I'm missing something here
(for which I'm sorry), or this sentence should be clarified somehow.

Jirka

Be in, register for XML Prague 2007 today! http://www.xmlprague.cz