W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > August 2007

agenda HTML WG 16 Aug: design principles, spec reviews, table headers, XML serialization name, forms TF, ...

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:05:51 -0500
To: public-html-wg-announce@w3.org, public-html@w3.org
Message-Id: <1187208351.29837.277.camel@pav>

This agenda proposal is a snapshot of
  http://www.w3.org/html/wg/il16
  1.45 2007/08/15 19:59:28

    1. Convene [4]HTML WG meeting of [5]2007-08-16T17:00:00Z
          + [6]Zakim teleconference bridge: [7]+1.617.761.6200,
            [8]+33.4.89.06.34.99 or [9]+44.117.370.6152 code: HTML
            (4865)
               o supplementary IRC chat: [11]#html-wg on irc.w3.org
                 port 6665; [12]log to appear
          + chair: DanC
          + scribe: volunteer, please? @@
          + roll call. regrets: Anne
            (see [13]bridge status for attendees. (regrets to
            [14]chairs + www-archive)
          + Note [15]minutes 2 Aug. Comments on this week's agenda?
    2. next meeting, regular meeting times
          + ACTION: ChrisW to try to find a Seattle/OZ/Asia time
       note [16]2 Aug decision to meet 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the
       month at 11am Boston time. Oops; I think I meant 1pm Boston
       time, which suggests we meet again [17]Thu, 6 Sep 1700Z as well
       as any time Chris proposes.
    3. toward release of Design Principles
          + ACTION: Gavin_Sharp to review design principles in the next
            two weeks
          + ACTION: Maciej to send out wrap-up about design principles
            by Thursday 9 Aug.
            Update [18]14 Aug in #whatwg:
      06:46 < Lachy> I wonder why there are threads listed in the relat
ed emails section that appear to have nothing to do with the design pri
nciples http://esw.w3.org/to
      06:48 < othermaciej> Lachy: I need to re-edit that
      06:48 < othermaciej> which is up to #3 on my todo queue

          + ACTION: DanC to take input on the survey
            http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/dprv/ for a few days
            and issue it
       For reference: [19]HTML Design Principles (Proposed) in the
       [20]ESW Wiki
    4. [21]Detailed Spec Reviews, progress update
       Note [22]SpecReviews index, [23]schedule from tasks survey
    5. table headers
       We owe a reply to the [24]6 Jun message from the WAI PF WG. The
       1st WD of our spec will be an implicit reply; courtesy suggests
       an explicit reply as well. Suggestions? [25]IssueTableHeaders
       seems to be the relevant wiki topic.
    6. Name for XHTML serialization
       As reported by [26]Kosek 21 Jun:

     RESOLUTION: We agree that the HTML WG should not use the XHTML
     name to refer to their XML serialization.


    [27]XHTML 2 WG discussion 20 Jun


       We owe a reply; the 1st WD of our spec will be an implicit
       reply; courtesy suggests an explicit reply as well. Suggestions?
    7. Forms Taskforce
       The [28]tasks survey results indicate about 15 people are
       interested to participate in the joint task force with the Forms
       WG. The HTML WG chairs and the Forms WG chairs have agreed that
       each WG will be represened by 3 people in the task force. Once
       we get our list of 15 down to 3, we can add them to the [29]DBWG
       group for the task force, which will get them subscribed to the
       [30]public-forms-tf mailing list.
    8. face-to-face meeting 8-9 November
       See [31]announcement. [32]registration closes 19 October. Hotel
       discount rate expires 3 October.
       Aside: [33]March 2007 call-for interest results, [34]article on
       ftf meetings.
    9. Announcement mailing list, RSS feeds
          + ACTION: DanC to set up an announcement mailing list,
            noodling with chaals
            progress: [35]public-html-wg-announce
          + ACTION: MikeSmith to write up a summary of changes for last
            [period of time], description of where changes go
       Note also: [36]public-html-comments, following [37]msg from
       Connolly 25 Jun
       Note also: [38]Mike Smith's planet HTML 5, [39]HTML category int
       the W3C Q&A blog
   10. Wiki Migration
       Note [40]Connolly's msg of 15 Aug

      [4] http://www.w3.org/html/wg/
      [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=16&year=2007&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=0
      [6] http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
      [7] tel:+1.617.761.6200
      [8] tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99
      [9] tel:+44.117.370.6152
     [10] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_2695@@
     [11] irc://irc.w3.org:6665/html-wg
     [12] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/16-html-wg-irc
     [13] http://www.w3.org/1998/12/bridge/Zakim.html
     [14] mailto:connolly@w3.org,Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com,www-archive@w3.org
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-html-wg-minutes.html
     [16] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/02-html-wg-minutes.html#item02
     [17] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=9&day=6&year=2007&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=43
     [18] http://krijnhoetmer.nl/irc-logs/whatwg/20070814#l-91
     [19] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/ProposedDesignPrinciples
     [20] http://esw.w3.org/topic/
     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jun/0282.html
     [22] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/SpecReviews
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/08/online_xslt/xslt?xslfile=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2Fhtml%2Fwg%2Fwhowhat.xsl&xmlfile=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.w3.org%2F2002%2F09%2Fwbs%2F40318%2Ftasks83%2Fresults&content-type=&submit=transform
     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jun/0145.html
     [25] http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/IssueTableHeaders
     [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jun/0450.html
     [27] http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-xhtml-minutes#item05
     [28] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/tasks83/results
     [29] http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=41565
     [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms-tf/
     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2007JulSep/0001.html
     [32] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2007/
     [33] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/ftf07/results
     [34] http://headrush.typepad.com/creating_passionate_users/2007/03/sxsw_interactiv.html
     [35] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/
     [36] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/
     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jun/0729.html
     [38] http://people.w3.org/mike/planet/html5/
     [39] http://www.w3.org/QA/archive/technology/html/
     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Aug/0488.html


p.s. please excuse any duplicate copies; I'd like the public-html archive
to include this agenda.

-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
Received on Wednesday, 15 August 2007 20:06:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 29 September 2014 09:38:48 UTC