Choosing name for XML serialization (Was: Re: HTML5 differences from HTML4 editor's draft (XHTML5 and XHTML2))

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 10:31 +0200, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> [...]
>>> Would you like me to ask the XHTML 2 Working Group their opinion?
>> Yes, please.
>
> OK... done...
>
> input on name for XML serialization of HTML 5? Dan Connolly (Thursday,
> 14 June)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xhtml2/2007Jun/0010.html

Not unsurprisingly, it seems that XHTML WG is not willing to give up or
at least share "XHTML" label:

http://www.w3.org/2007/06/20-xhtml-minutes#item05

"RESOLUTION: We agree that the HTML WG should not use the XHTML name to
refer to their XML serialization."

Be in, register for XML Prague 2007 today! http://www.xmlprague.cz