Re: missing principle

From: Maurice <maurice@thymeonline.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:01:24 -0400
To: HTML Working Group <public-html@w3.org>

On 4/28/07 3:43 AM, "bhopgood@brookes.ac.uk" <bhopgood@brookes.ac.uk> wrote:

> I don't have anything against email per se. I was trying to make the point
> that if  changes were made to HTML to make it less useful on the Web and
> more useful as email that would not necessarily be sensible.
>
> For example, it would probably be easier for email if separate CSS
> stylesheets did not exist but that is not a good reason for abandoning
> them.

Are we or are we not supposed to be looking into the tons of ideas already
written by whatwg?

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/section-sections
.html#sectioning
If adopted, will allow for "Zero or more style elements, followed by zero or
more block-level elements." basically, document 'section' within the main
within that section. Thus solving the html e-mail styling issue once and for
all (especially in regards to webmail).

..Or is this one of the ideas that didn't make the cut... Or am I the only
one reading through the whatwg draft?

--
::   thyme online ltd
::   po box cb13650  nassau  the bahamas