Re: missing principle

Daniel,

I don't have anything against email per se. I was trying to make the point
that if  changes were made to HTML to make it less useful on the Web and
more useful as email that would not necessarily be sensible.

For example, it would probably be easier for email if separate CSS
stylesheets did not exist but that is not a good reason for abandoning
them.

I don't see the connection with PNG. Embedding other content in HTML pages
has been there from early on with valid elements to handle that and,
having an image format that is patent-free, an ISO and a W3C standard with
a well-written specification, is what I would hope was a reasonable
end-goal for a W3C Recommendation.

Bob