missing principle

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 10:23:55 +0200
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

I think we miss one principle about the ubiquity of HTML. HTML is not
only used in web browsers. It's used in email and there are more
HTML-based email authors than Web page authors, it's used to design and
print books, it's used for messages in interserver communications.
Editability of HTML is also a key issue. Designing cool and powerful
features is one thing, making them editable and therefore reachable by
the masses is another one.

As a side note to our conf call yesterday, I spent the last fifteen
years saying a few basic presentational elements are abolutely needed
despite of the "theoretically pure" view of separation between content
and presentation. Just like the style attribute.
After I heard Murray yesterday, I just wanted it to be clear I support
his comments about it entirely.

</Daniel>