Re: survey of top web sites

At 12:26 PM 4/25/2007, Anne van Kesteren wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:05:24 +0200, David Dailey <david.dailey@sru.edu>
>wrote:
>>2. they are more likely to be coded well.
>
>In my experience with doing QA for web browsers top sites are hardly ever
>coded well. (They also tend to be the more complex sites.)

Interesting... of course any of these sorts of differences would
limit the generalizability of such a study. Linguists and urologists
tend to prefer sampling from the middle of the stream, since the
beginnings and ends both tend to be weird. So long as we're
discussing alternative methodologies, why not cover a couple more bases?

David
http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/popular_pages.htm